As a Nigerian right now who’s been keeping up with the recent happenings, there’s a probability that you’re mentally, emotionally and even physically worked up. I believe this cause is for the greater good ( hey Gryffindors😏) and I encourage the efforts Nigerians are putting in to change things for the better.
However, your mental health is of top priority so I’d like to share a few tips I think would help save your sanity this period…
1. Avoid Overthinking: I’m guilty of this as well. Creating scenarios in my head before they even happen and getting worked up over trivial issues. Stop. Really, just stop. Rather focus on the moment and as the Holy Book says, let tomorrow worry over itself 🙂
2. Loosen Up Guys…: Yeah! I mean it. You’ve got to try not to take things or people seriously all the time. Humans are annoying,and will get on every last nerve If they could. That’s unavoidable Because you get on some people’s nerves too..ha ha! Be like the happy-go-lucky SpongeBob and let the whole worries drain out of you. 🙂
3. Take A Break Off Social Media: This is really important. If you can, deactivate those apps for a couple of days(or hours),but I recommend days. Instead, see a movie(preferably Chick flicks not a Zombie Apocalypse 🙄,we could really use some Happy endings) , play games or read a book. There’s so much on the net these days guys. Take. A. Break.
4. Avoid the News: I know you need to keep up with stuff but it’d be wise to steer clear for a while right now. Lots of gory stuff out there people.
5. Socialize More: Oh yeah.. I can see my introvert buddies shrinking away. I’m serious y’all. Hang around real people ( not online friends),have healthy discussions, laugh at their corny jokes. You may be thinking, ‘ but I ain’t got no friends’… I feel there’s at least someone you can talk to… But if you still insist, then come hang out with me, just bring pizza🙃.
How’ve you been coping guys and what have you been doing to de-stress?? I want to hear all of it🌝